Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lost in Practice

You'd could likely hear someone say if you're lost in the practice, you may not be concentrating. I think there's something to be said for losing track somewhat when you are doing your practice. This afternoon I practiced Surya Namaskara and lost count of the rounds. Being late in the day my body was warm and flexible, meaning I can intensify and lengthen the practice a little more than in the morning.
I was able to observe a good flow to the practice and the movements seemed very natural and organic as though the body were meant to move in this fashion. A revisiting of the body's evolved history that has been neglected in our modern, somewhat sedentary life.
Tomorrow I am meeting with my teacher to discuss proper after practice awareness and a routine Asana. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: