Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Observing Yoga

During this mornings practice I noticed that whilst there were several times when I drifted off into a lack of attention, I was able to bring myself back gently with a refocussing back on the body and its presence with the movements. This was helped by a conscious trick of imagining that I was describing my practice in the same way as I would be describing it by writing it down for you. This seemed to bring my attention back to the practice but also maintain a distance from it that seemed to keep my mind at the right spot.
I introduced some additional postures. My yoga class has returned from term break and I hadn't realised how much I had missed it. My teacher is planning a event in the future which will consist of a series of 108 Surya Namaskars completed as a group to raise money for a charity. I am not sure whether she has put to much thought into how the event will be structured or promoted but it seemed interesting and I would like to be involved in some way. I may even offer to assist with the planning and promotion of it.
My teacher has introduced a new format to the class which was very enjoyable and there is a confidence about the class that it very good. There also seems to be an intentional focus on additional material in the form of briefly introduced topics. This week it is Ahimsa or the practice of non-violence.

 Ahimsa - Wikipedia

No comments: